Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ain’t No Mother Like the One You Got (No One Can Know You Better)




Before I start typing this, I must take a deep breath.  Okay.  Now, we’ll began.

In my younger years, as a child, I never wanted to play house or play with baby dolls. I was never a tomboy, but I didn’t like committing to a husband and children at such a young age.  When I hit my twenties, I still was in the non-commitment box, but with children.  I was happily married months before I turned 22.

Now twelve years later, after two children and a maternal detachment due to my psychotic attack and depression, I have come to a realization.  No one can take care of my children as well as I can.  No, I’m not saying there are no other people who can handle them.  Obviously that is not the case.  I mean we have the grandparents, uncles, aunts…. My husband

But I, being a stay-at-home mother, know their quirks, their dramatic interludes, their ups, downs, highs and lows.  I know when they need a “kick in the pants” or a tender hug.  I know when they will eat what I made; I know when they will spit it in a napkin while my back is turned.  I know them.  I get them.  I can build them up just as fast as I can shut ‘em down.

I know everyone is familiar with the phrase: “If you can’t do it right, I’ll do it myself.”  I hate that this phrase is true.  But, it is oh so very true.  So many people think they can fix things and help things and understand.  And I just sit back laughing in my head (sometimes out loud) knowing that my child, or both of them, is playing this person and I can see through the mess.

I can usually maneuver things nicely throughout the day and have no hectic-ness.  But other people come over and see tears and want to baby them or try to assist. And for the most part, I may let them, but I know I‘m going to have to make some adjustments once they leave.

Please know that I appreciate the help I get.  From the bottom of my heart, I really do.  But, I know my kids.   I know them.  And they can be some scheming sneaky little people.  They can also be some darling little blessings.  But, the only one who knows for sure is the Mama….and that would be me.  I’m sure all you mothers out there can relate to this.

Remember this blog is about real stuff.  No sugar-coating, no preservatives, no additives.  I am 100% organic in my words and I speak truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment. Please keep it cordial....